Archive for February, 2010
I changed my mind about New Audio Components. I felt that I gave up too easy.
Their audio capture still does not work anyway.
On the other hand, I deleted Audio Lab.
This software is called “Personal” and released today.
With this software you can encrypt and decrypt exe files, zip files, Word documents, whatever… Things that you would prefer to remain confidential.
It was designed to encrypt and decrypt the password you generated with the GPW in the beginning. Since it can do exactly the same with any other files, I did it as separate software. Actually it was someone said so.
Eventually I remove this feature from the GPW.
- Takes money. This software is freeware.
- Users can encrypt any files with a password.
- For the forgetful, you can also use an image file as a password.
- Once encrypted files can be decrypted securely.
The password can be created easily with the push of a button. If you use an image file as a password, it creates a Hash of its image files (160 Bits). Thus, if encrypted, unless you use the same images will be impossible to decipher.
Download (1,31 MB)
I was looking for Invader Game online, and found quite many. Nostalgic reasons. Yes, I just wanted to play it.
Game made by Java worked fine, but not by Flash. It really did not work at all. Entering the Arrow-keys, ESC, Enter, Space and stuff, did nothing. I could use the mouse buttons but no keys. No Flash games worked! So I thought that it must be something wrong with my computer. And it was indeed.
I use Key Scrambling software so that I would not leave many traces of me when I’m using the Internet. You must protect yourself by threats, right? So do I. In Java captures keystroke correctly with Key Scrambling software ON, but Flash cannot. It must be BUG i Flash.
There will be problems for Flash programmers, not right now maybe, but later, when many people begin to use the Key-Scrambling software for their own safety.
I received some information via e-mail. Actually a few. One person told me about CPP and Delphi components, ActiveX and such.
Thank you very much for you to care about this software.
I looked at the things the one recommended.
New Audio Components v.2.5 (for Delphi)
Their (or his) Demo “Recorder”, did not record anything. I changed my Windows’ mixer setting, but it did not work either. So I did not want to try more. I threw them to the Trash.
AudioLab v.4.3.1 for Visual Studio, Cpp Builder, Delphi…
This is heavy duty! And it worked, I could record the sound. It was very easy, too. But how to do more than very simple? Their demo works but “So what?”, I must say.
Their help is not at all helpful, but they explain so many classes they have done. Easy but a bit more advanced demo could not be wrong.
It is free for Non-profit products, but without source code. They have made some silly dialogue, too. They were a little rush of new version or what?
Without the help that really helps, also demo as not good enough. What if it is really good! There is nothing to do with me but I think they will lose many customers.
And I could not play the MIDI file with it. They want to say it’s “Audio Stuff” blah blah blah …
It feels like this is pretty useless.
I still have it on my computer, because it is free, but I do not think I will use them.
I’ve made a little progress.
This is the next version.
Small numbers at the end of the version number can be a little more then when I release it.
A new interesting feature there. Do you see it? I do not mean to Skins. You can record sound from other audio sources. So far, I have tested with YouTube, Internet radio, DVD, CD, Windows Media Player, RealAudio Player, Quick Time … and it worked!
Thank you, you told me about it, Mr… It was actually quite fun to examine them.
I wanted to make a small game with C# because I got a book, and was looking for a program that could convert the font to BMP or something like that.
I found both shareware and freeware on the Internet, and I was not happy with them. Especially shareware. I did not want to pay for just that. I thought almost do it myself, but I happened to find a good one. Actually on Microsoft’s website. Even better, it’s free. Moreover, with source code in C#. Source is slightly older and you have to convert them but it went well for me.
The text below is from the included HTML file with the source code.
This utility converts Windows TrueType fonts into .bmp files that can be imported using the XNA Framework Content Pipeline, and converted into SpriteFont objects by BitmapFontProcessor.
When you add a new font description to an XNA Framework project, this creates an XML description file describing what font you want to use. The Content Pipeline reads this description, renders out the appropriate characters using the Windows Font API, and converts them into a format that can be efficiently rendered using the SpriteFont class.
You may find “ttf2bmp.exe” on the web, but I would say that it is only the source code. Anyway what I found on Microsoft’s website.
Sorry I forgot the address. Go to the http://www.microsoft.com/express/ and look for ttf2bmp.exe.