It’s available for both Linux and Windows (NEW: 64 bit version).
I am using it!
LMMS is a free cross-platform alternative to commercial programs like FL Studio, which allow you to produce music with your computer. This includes the creation of melodies and beats, the synthesis and mixing of sounds, and arranging of samples. You can have fun with your MIDI-keyboard and much more; all in a user-friendly and modern interface.
- The program is installed in “Programs (x86)” folder by default although you downloaded 64bit version, and you have to change the folder when you install LMMS.
- You cannot change the language of the interface. I want English, but it’s blend of Swedish and English.
Changes in version 0.4.7:
- AutomationEditor: thread-safe handling of AutomationPattern pointer
- InlineAutomation: delete attached AutomationPattern immediately (fixes some random crashes when playing on virtual keyboard)
- EnvelopeAndLfoParameters: moved global instances management into helper class (fixes crashes when importing MIDI files)
- NotePlayHandle: fix broken note detuning feature
- AudioJack: do not use QVector in processCallback()
- Themes: explicitely set background and text color for tooltips
- ExportProjectDialog: guess file format from extension
- Fixed cloning of BB tracks
- When cloning BB track, indicate this fact in name of cloned BB track
- TrackContentObject: keep position in paste()
- Default theme: replaced background artwork with a more decent one
- TextFloat: fixed size calculation in simple mode
- “Save changes?” dialog: Save/Discard instead of Yes/No
- CALF LADSPA plugins: resynced with Git repository
- LadspaEffect/Controls: fixed non-working global channel link checkbox
- Sf2Player: disable per-note-panning support for the time being
- SpectrumAnalyzer: skip processing if UI is not visible
- ZynAddSubFX: new background artwork
- ZynAddSubFX: updated to version 2.4.1
- ZynAddSubFX: allow hiding UI by closing main window
- ZynAddSubFX: added window icon (win32 version only)
- ZynAddSubFX: save configuration file in LMMS working directory
- ZynAddSubFX: added knobs for MIDI controls
- ZynAddSubFX: new QtXmlWrapper, a QtXml-based XML backend for ZASF
- Improved .desktop and menu file
- Do not use -ftree-vectorize per default anymore
- Win32/Win64 installer associate LMMS project files with LMMS
Read more about LMMS.