Current Version 188.8.131.523
Memo is an advanced plain text editor for common programming languages. I made this program, because I want to modify some code in Delphi, Cpp or C (can be anything else). Using a program like CppBuilder is OK, but those programs are very heavy and not handy – of course it is working so slow. I do not want to launch a big program for modifying some part of the source code. I wanted a simple – and handy program for viewing, checking and modifying some codes. And now, you can compile your source file with MEMO.
Now, it got some buttons and new menus, so I try to update new images of MEMO. You can see images here below are older version. I’m sorry for that.
Main GUI (code is from WordPress and PHP syntax highlighted)
Column Mode Editing (code is Pascal and Pascal syntax highlighted)
Testing Python Output (code is Python and Python syntax highlighted)
Using DOS Prompt (code is C++ and C++ syntax highlighted and compiled via DOS Prompt)
With Memo, the users are able to:
- load and modify common programing code
- syntax highlighting for common programming languages such as Pascal, Cpp, PHP, Perl, Python
- use spell checker
- pick up C++ templates (C++Builder like templates) and Object Pascal templates (Delphi like templates)
(Press Ctrl + J to get these stuff)
- Cut/Copy/Paste operations
- drag and drop
- unlimitted Undo / Redo (depends on your computer memory)
- convert characters (lowercase to uppercase or uppercase to lowercase)
- save selected block as a file
- insert a plain file into the chosen point
- select block (colum mode)
- read and save PC, Unix and Mac file formats (default is PC format)
- easy access prompt
- compile and see compiler output
and several more..
Use it the same way as the Notepad. If you like to associate file types, go to “
Control Panel” and choose “
Folder Option -> File Type” and change association with your chosen file extensions.
If you choose to make a new file, syntax highlight will not be assigned to anything. If you launch this program the first time, it will be no-syntax as well. So if you wish to use another one, go to menu and choose an item from
Format -> Syntax.
Even if you made a change for OUTPUT FORMAT, you cannot see the difference between Windows format and Unit (or Mac). Perhaps you know it already.
If you save for example a text file in Unix format and open it with Windows’ Notepad, you will see then the difference.
Use with Macromedia Flash
Macromedia Flash can load a text file dynamically, but this function does not support PC formatted text (Flash MX does not anyway – Yes. I am using old one). You can use HTML format and tell the Flash to parse it as HTML. But if you choose to use Plain text, you have a problem.
So set Output format to MAC and save your text as you usually do.
If you already have a text file, reopen it and convert its output format to MAC and re save (choose from the menu “
File -> Save” or just press “
Ctrl + S” at the same time) it.
Using PHP with Memo
Set syntax highlight to HTML. That’s it!
Easy to call Windows’ commando prompt with a path to active document’s folder – means that you are quite easy to compile source code
You may want to compile your code. Now you can do with MEMO – see below, but you want to use MS DOS Prompt for any other reasons for example; compile your resouce through command line through MEMO, or compile the other source codes than you use to use what so ever.
To use command prompt, you do not need to specify your COMMAND anymore.
If your file has been saved and if you choose to run “Dos prompt”, you should see the similar prompt like:
C:\YOUR SOURCE PATH\.
If you already have a MAKE file into your source path, you can just write for example:
If you want to start coding C++, free downloads of the Borland C++ Compiler bcc32 – Borland 5.5 Compiler and command-line tools (C++ Compiler 5.5) is available from this location, and read this topic (Using the Borland 5.5 Compiler and command-line tools).
Many people suggested and asked the same thing. They want to compile their source codes with MEMO. Now you got.
To use this commant (F9), you must specify your compiler. From MEMO menu;
Tools -> Compiler path...
“Select compiler” dialog will appear.
If you already have added your compiler path into “Windows Environment Variables – Path”, you just need to write compiler name, otherwise browse and select one.
And the file must be saved. Now you can compile your source file.
MEMO does catch compiler message.
How to compile C++ sources
December 30 2010
- URI Grabbing function. You are able to grab links from the HTML files.
You may have found a webpage that contains many links with link text and you do not want to copy the texts but links. Just save page as a HTML file and load it into MEMO URI Grabber!
- When you modify saved documents and select a new document, it showed “File Untitled is modified…” – has been fixed.
Now it shows the document path and name.
- When you hit a “Delete” key, it does not happen anything – has been solved. You just need to press “Shift” key when you want to use “Delete” key to delete right side of the cursor. Then it acts as Notepad.
- Current line color has changed to gray instead of yellow.
This change was necessary, for those who use the “Twilight” or things like dark background and light text, you cannot see the text otherwise.
- And some small changes have been made.
January 21 2010
- Generate a GUID
- C# Syntax highlight
- More features for HTML coding
For example, Select text and press Ctrl + B, just like MS Word. You have this. <strong>Your Text</strong>. This works of course for all tags that are on the menu.
- Insert HTML color (like this one – #000000)
- Server Side Include tags
- Insert Image
- Insert link (A link, Anchor)
- Base64 encode and decode
- MINE64 encode and decode
- As you can see it, some buttons
- It was a little problem with the keyboard shortcut when you want to switch Case has been fixed.
- The compiler could not compile, is fixed.
It did indeed. But it went to the wrong place – the same place where there is MEMO.EXE. If you look at where you have MEMO.EXE, you will find all the files you have compiled. It looks pretty moving out, I think. I am very sorry about this.
- Despite running a prompt and tried to run a new process. – has been fixed.
- Make Safe HTML
Will convert for example an open tag “
<” into “
- Convert Selection
Converts selected string to comment or what so ever you want. You are able to apply change to each lines or whole selection.
- URI Encode
Encodes the given string, and making it suitable for use in a URI. e.g. Spaces are encoded
- Use Bitmap as Background image
- HTML tidy
- Exporting to common file formats like RTF and HTML
- Extension management (I am going to sorve this one for next version)
- MINE encode / decode
- WEB encode / decode
- I cannot print – has been solved